Easter

This weekend was by far one of the best weekends we've had in awhile.  It was our first time to travel to my In-Laws in two months and it was nice to see family we haven't seen since Christmas.

This was the first Easter since our daughter has been with us that we decided to dye Easter Eggs. What an ordeal that was, lol.  We were going to bring a dye kit that we bought a few weeks ago down to my In Laws.  Unfortunately I didn't realize I'd forgotten it until we were about 30 minutes from their house.  So my Sister In Law and I went to Walmart on Saturday and we bought a dye kit there.

After the Walmart trip we decided to take our kids to an Easter Egg hunt that my Mother In Law heard about on the radio.  It was very interesting trying to find it.  We ended up at a Church and we weren't sure if it was the right place or not.  Thankfully a member started talking to me and explained how the hunt would work.  They divided up the kids into different age groups.  Miss Diva's group was 0-4 years old.  They took them out to a football field where eggs were just scattered on the field.  The eggs had everything in them from candy, and money, to numbers which could be redeemed for a prize.  Miss Diva got all of 2 eggs by herself. Luckily her sweet cousin was on her game and was nice enough to share some of her eggs.

After we got back from dinner on Saturday night we decided to dye the eggs.  The tablets, crayon, and wire egg retrievers are missing.  All we have are the colored cups for the dye to go into.  So we decide to go to Plan B....kool-aid.  Before we knew we were going to my In-Laws for Easter I had planned on using kool-aid to dye our eggs.  However, frugal "it's just cheaper to buy the kit" husband insists on the kit instead.  Well let me just tell you that while kool-aid does the job on the eggs, it also does a number on your hands and anything else it touches.  Even when we hid the eggs the next day the kids were getting kool-aid stains all over themselves.  Oh and did I mention, we found the crayon and wire egg retrievers under the table?  It seems Miss Diva took it upon herself to go through the kit by herself first.  We later found out she threw away the dye tablets, lol.

Easter Day was such a great day.  We got to spend time with family and had a fabulous dinner.  After everyone left, hubby, Father in Law, Brother in Law and future Sister in Law and I all decide to go shooting. We had a great time and eventually future Sister In Law and I make it over to their house to watch some TV while the boys pop off a few more rounds.

The drive home was ok.  It's always sad come back home from such relaxing and enjoyable weekends.  I can't wait for the weather to warm up and to be able to head out to the lake.  Drowning worms, wake boarding, and swimming in the lake are far overdue!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lupron tried to kill me.....literally!

Letter to Shiloh in 2013

Held