Transformation Tuesday

A week and 1 year ago today, I received my final wake up call.  Pictures from Mother's Day were posted on Facebook and I could no longer deny that I needed to do something about my weight.  My clothes were no longer fitting.  I'd actually just gone shopping for clothes for our cruise and it was so unpleasant.  I cried because clothes weren't fitting like they should unless I went up to the next size.  Even then I hated what I saw in the mirror.  I'm so thankful I had someone to help me out of my hole.  Not only has she helped me completely transform on the outside, she's also loved me where I'm at and given me some direction to grow as a person.

On June 6th, it will be 1 year since I started my first 24-day challenge.  During those 24 days, I lost 12 pounds and 13 1/2 inches.  10 of those pounds alone were toxins that processed foods left in my intestines.  Since that first challenge, I've used clean eating as a guide post and continued to use Advocare products.  Every 90 days I complete a 10 day cleanse, just to keep the toxins at bay when I do indulge on cheat meals.  I've gone on to lose 25 pounds and dropped 3 pant sizes.  Was it hard?  Yes!  Did I fall off the wagon several times?  Of course!  Did I always find my way back and move forward?  Absolutely!  Bottom line, anything worth having is going to be hard. There will be struggles, but it's the struggles that make a person, not the rewards. 

I honestly don't know why I overcomplicated losing weight before I found Advocare.  Honestly, starving myself was my primary way of weight management before Advocare.  I saw food as an enemy, not fuel for my body to perform as it should.  Now, I've learned what to look for on food labels.  I don't trust any supplemental products that aren't 3rd party tested for ingredient verification.  

Now that I've been able to pull myself apart and regroup as a stronger, healthier person, I'm excited to have helped other people over the course of the last year.  It's the world's best job to provide hope to someone who had once given up on hope.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lupron tried to kill me.....literally!

Letter to Shiloh in 2013

I Think About You